you guys- 11 days until cory & i are in haiti. my heart is literally exploding. cannot wait to get back and share with you all about this adventure. thanksgiving was amazing, like always- tons of food (my mom had 3 turkeys in 3 flavors) and so many memories with family. i woke up this morning to an email from Naomi that i was nominated for the leibster award (yay)– the leibster award is basically an award that allows bloggers to nominate other bloggers to help them gain exposure. so cool right? made my day- be sure to visit her blog here. thank you so much!
11 facts about me
1. i have a very strong addiction to coffee. my mood is completely different without it & with it.
2. i love to wrap presents- i just started a pinterest board dedicated to my present wrapping.
3. i played varsity soccer in high-school and i really do hate running.
4. i took piano lessons for a really long time and could never learn to read music- so i play by ear.
5. i eat all my veggies raw- when they are cooked it completely grosses me out. however, i am determined that 2014 is the year for me to turn that around.
6. i love moving furniture around. when i was a kid i use to draw maps of my bedroom, i would list out all my furniture and draw it on paper before bringing it to life.
7. i seriously cannot wait to have kids- i love them- everyone will ask me why not just have one? well i do not want to live in midtown atlanta and raise kids. there is your answer.
8. i spend 95% of my day dreaming of doing something different than what i am currently doing.
9. i love hosting parties at my house- but then when everyone gets there i will get crazy. i feel so much pressure to make sure everyone has everything they need= or make sure no one is left out– cory cannot even handle me before a party.
10. i wish i could sew dresses all day. when i have some time i want to take lessons.
11. i have 2 cats- one acts like a dog and the other is pain in the rear- but there better than your cats x300
11 questions from Naomi
1. Yourself in three simple words: unique, hilarious, & carefree
2. Your design aesthetic: vintage/ modern/ mixed with rustic
3. Describe your home city: lets just say this, it was a huge deal when we got our first red light- we had to drive 30 minutes to the grocery store and the only fast food we had was wendy’s. really really small town.
4. A guilty pleasure: chocolate toffee bars- yum
5. Your best Halloween costume: i rarely dress up for halloween (we never got to as kids) but last year i was a zombie and it was awesome
6. Weapon of choice: Mosin Nagant M91-30 Sniper Rifle
7. That place you go to think: the shower- nothing like a hot shower to think or cry in
8. Something the world could do without: my husband
9. Your weakness: shoes- good lord i love them so much
10. Worst outfit you can remember wearing: anything from 5th grade to 8th grade= all of them
11.When I’m not blogging I — busy with life- making memories i can blog about- baking cookies- spending time with family- hanging with my friends- or on the sofa with a cup of coffee watching parks and rec.
11 questions for the nominees
1. if you could hang out with one famous person for a day who would it be and why?
2. what is one thing you cannot live without?
3. favorite pair of shoes?
4. favorite type of dessert?
5. a family member who has helped make you into the person you are today?
6. your favorite store?
7. what is your favorite thing about christmas?
8. one of your most memorable moments?
9. what do you enjoy most about blogging?
10. if you could go anywhere in the world where would it be?
1. Post the award on your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
3. Write 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
5. Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.